Thursday, December 16, 2010

done with michaelmas term!

submitted my exam essay. 2 months of work: complete! it feels great relegating all the books to the floor. my desk is now (temporarily) cleared :). Christmas dinner last night was nice, and i'm looking forward to enjoying a quiet holiday here. i feel bad for my parents that i am not going back home this vacation for the whole 'empty nest' must be strange, even lonely at times. but to me, it feels right that i stay. of course having WS here means that i am happy to be here. but it's also about not having to travel and spend on flights, and about being near the library so that i can read and research over the holidays. Hilary term (January-March) is going to be worse.


the relief will never be as great as we had anticipated, but that's okay :).

some Romantic music by Chopin to share - this is what got me through the essay:

Chopin's Nocturne Opus 9, No. 2

Chopin's raindrops

No comments: